Freshening Your Home For the New Year
Holy cow 2018 has officially arrived!!
And things over here have been NON-STOP. With our big move in December, hitting the ground running with 4 brand new design projects, Christmas, New Years, and now gearing up for my birthday on the 9th our heads are DEFINITELY spinning ha!
And what better way to strut into the New Year than with a few home refreshing tips! Believe it or not, freshening your home for the new year can be much easier than expected. A few tweaks here and there and you can totally transform your space into something fresh you can enjoy all year round.
1. One super simple way to freshen your home is to re-arrange what you already have! I know, sounds like a "Duh" but truthfully this little trick can save you a ton of money and give a whole new look to your home. Move the couch, switch around those chairs, flip-flop those wall prints and voila! And as always if you need any tips on where to put things - shoot us an email we would LOVE to help!
2. Another great refreshing tip is to PAINT! This one will obviously have some costs associated, but it will be SO worth it. Fresh paint can change a whole room - it brightens, enhances, and makes your space feel so much fresher. Over the years between the fingerprints, puppy paws, and spaghetti noodles the paint in our homes takes such a beating. Giving it a facelift is a simple way to transform your home without totally breaking the bank.
3. In the art of resolutions - DECLUTTER & ORGANIZE! Whether it made your resolution lists or not, every home could use some decluttering. Do you actually wear all those shoes strewn across your mudroom? Toss what you don't use - kids toys, dogs toys, pots & pans, old linens, etc. Whatever you don't use, get rid of it! And find creative ways to store what you DO need. I've linked some ideas below for inspo (all were found on Pinterest) . Need more help? Shoot us a message!
4. Another easy way to switch up your home for the new year is to purchase new decor/furnishings. You can find some GREAT and AFFORDABLE home decor pieces on sites like Joss & Main, Wayfair, and Target that will spruce your space without breaking the bank! Adding new accents like throw blankets, pillows, lamps, and vases can change the entire character of your room at a reasonable budget.
5. The new year is also the PERFECT time to move forward with that reno you have been DYING to get done. Whether its a new kitchen, updating your bathroom or finally getting your open concept living area there is no better way to kick off the new year than with those new updates. Freshen your space to give you more functionality, more character, and more YOU. The team at FIG LEAF + CO can help with any project, big or small. Head over to the "Get Started" page to learn more!